English
Monetize your website traffic with yX Media
LEGENDA Arsenal, Thierry Henry denied Alexis Sanchez's allegations to leave the Emirates club. - Photos AGENCY

LONDON: Alexis Sanchez denied Arsenal legend Thierry Henry advised him to leave the Emirates club before making a move to Manchester United this week.

The Chilean international striker described the comments referring to the Gunners' top scorer record after completing a transfer to Old Trafford on Monday.

After his transfer was announced by United, Sanchez wrote in Instagram: "I still remember my conversation with Henry, the legendary Arsenal, who moved the club for the same reason and today is my turn."

The comment was like imagining Henry who left Arsenal to Barcelona in 2007, advising Sanchez that it was the right time for him to move.

Henry uploaded a tweet yesterday while explaining it as a misunderstanding.

"I know I do not have to explain to the majority of Arsenal fans that I have never advised Sanchez to leave Arsenal.

"I do not know at all that he's going to move to Man Utd so I see the news just like you."

Sanchez, 29, tweeted yesterday: "I want to explain that Henry has never told me to move the club, it's a personal decision ... he loves the club and someday I hope he will be Arsenal."

Sanchez scored 80 goals in 166 appearances for Arsenal, his last year at the Emirates Stadium after rejecting a new contract extension offer. - AFP
Lebih baru Lebih lama