English
Monetize your website traffic with yX Media
World number one Van Gerwen had another dominant year in 2017
World number one Van Gerwen had another dominant year in 2017
Michael van Gerwen has been named as the PDC Player of the Year for the third successive year.
Elsewhere, Sky Sports presenter Dave Clark was inducted into the hall of fame, while world champion Rob Cross picked up four trophies at the PDC awards on Monday.
Van Gerwen won a fourth successive European Championship title during the year, as well as his third wins in the Premier League, Masters and Grand Slam of Darts and a second World Cup of Darts.
"I had a fabulous year," said Van Gerwen. "Rob Cross did phenomenally last year but I still had a good year and I won 18 tournaments and I'm happy to win this award.
"I will keep believing in myself this year and I'm still in good form. I know I can do a little bit better but I will celebrate this award first and then prepare for the tournaments coming up."
Cross was named as the PDC Best Newcomer, after winning four Players Championship events, reaching the European Championship final and then claiming World Championship glory in his first year on the PDC pro circuit.
He was also voted by his peers as the PDPA Players' Player of the Year, as well picking up the Fans' Player of the Year award and Televised Performance of the Year.
Sky Sports presenter Dave Clark was diagnosed with Parkinson's five years ago
Sky Sports presenter Dave Clark was diagnosed with Parkinson's five years ago
Clark, who leads Sky Sports' Darts coverage, was recognised on the night for his ongoing contribution to the sportso after over 15 years of presenting, alongside his work raising awareness and funds for Parkinson's UK.
"I'm absolutely touched and it's amazing," said Clark. "I'm very emotional and it's been fantastic so far - and I hope to be around for a long time yet."
Lebih baru Lebih lama